Sunday, January 31, 2010

Soul Food

Today I made beans and cornbread with squash, collard greens and pork chops. My son the Chef was here and he and Jim ate until they were miserable. I on the other hand had some beans and some squash that I put in the blender. It was so good. I can't tell you how good. Really. I wanted a pork chop so bad so I took a bit, chewed it a little and threw it away. I know that sounds so gross but it tasted so good for the few seconds.

I am losing about a pound a day making 15 pounds so far. I really thought I would lose more eating nothing but I know it is going to be slow and that is really a good thing. I told Jim that I wanted a new treadmill for Valentine's Day. He made a frowny face. The rule is that I have to wear out a piece of exercise equipment before I can have a new one, but this treadmill is at least 12 years old. It has worn itself out just sitting in the other room all this time. LOL No, actually it has been used more than the rest of the stuff I have. It won't stay level, you are always walking uphill. It kills me to do very little. I think I need a new one. Especially since I am supposed to be walking an hour a day 6 days a week. I went to the New Balance store and got fitted for walking shoes, now I need a new treadmill.

So that's my progress. (I'll let you know when I get my new treadmill.)

No comments: