Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Coast

Jim and I went to the Coast this past weekend. We did nothing but relax. I scrapped a layout that was due for a challenge on Tallyscrappers. We read (I finally finished the dumb Twight series), watched movies (wore out the Redbox) and basically did nothing. It was very nice. Since I am on liquids, we went to breakfast both mornings at Jim's favorite Mexican restaurant in Rockport. He ate biscuits with sausage gravy and 2 eggs for 4 bucks. I watched. He, like most men, always sits where he can see the door putting me with my back to everything. He decided that he needed to change that as all I had to do was sit and watch him eat. lol So far, it hasn't bothered me at all to see other people eat. I am doing great on my diet. Everything I am supposed to do. I am losing about 1 pound a day. I go to the doctor on Thursday for my 2 week checkup. Hopefully he will tell me that I can take a bath! Showers everyday are killing me. I like to take a bath and relax.
We did go visit Adaline on Sunday before we left. Jim went to the bathroom and she picked up his keyes, walked over to her Mom and said, "Big Daddy's gonna beat your ass", just as plain as day. Do you have any idea how hard that was to keep from laughing? Oh my gosh! Then Jim comes back in the room and Jodi tells him what she said. He said "what did you say?" and she stuck her little behind out at him. OMG! It was so hilarious! He would have killed his kids for that (so would I) but when you are a great grandparent, its funny. By the way, she would only hear that from her grandmother, Jodi. Her parents do not talk to her that way. You would have to know Jodi.
I get to eat baby food in 3 days! Yay!

No comments: