Saturday, May 16, 2009

Farmer's Market

Chef PJ at the Farmer's Market buying fresh vegetables for the restaurant.

Jim and I met PJ and his other Chef friends at the grand opening of the Pearl Farmer's Market. It is located behind the old Pearl Brewery. (Side note: I came to San Antonio for a National Jaycee convention in 1981, before PJ was even thought of and we had an event at the Pearl Brewery.) Anyway, it was packed. People eveywhere. We bought Cinnamon pecans, Peach and Pepper Habanero sauce, Pecan peach butter with rum, bread and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. We even got sweet strawberries from Poteet TX. Tomorrow we will be eating fresh green beans, corn and cabbage. Maybe blackberry cobbler for dessert, if I have any left. I can't stop eating them.
After that, Jim and I went to Sam's and bought my Mother's Day present. A 22' hdtv with a built in dvd player for my Scraproom! I am excited.


3 comments:

Nicole Laird said...

I love the Farmer's Market...but ours isn't that great. Sounds like you had a good time! Congrats on the new television!!

Your son is a cutie!! :0)

Heather Plank said...

Sounds likea cool Mother's Day gift! I wish I had a tv in my scraproom...then I could no longer make excuses for not getting anything done ;0)


Like the blog Pam!

Sarah Rice said...

what an awesome sounding farmer's market!! mmmm cinnamon pecans!